Wednesday, July 20, 2016

BSH: Truly Me doll #59

Benefit Sale Haul
Truly Me doll #59

I had always seen Truly Me #59 in the American Girl catalogs, and always thought that she was so cute. I loved her hair! I typically focus on the Girl of the Year and BeForever dolls or Truly Me outfits when flipping through catalogs, but she always stood out to me. When we went into the Benefit Sale, I went straight for her after picking out a Grace doll and my outfits. I was so happy to see that she was still left. All Truly Me dolls left on the second day were only $35.



I wanted her to have pierced ears, and some nice people in line for tickets behind us had gone before, and they said that for Truly Me dolls you had to ask the volunteers if there were any with pierced ears because they keep them behind the table instead of just putting them out with the others like they do for Grace. I doubted that they would have one left with pierced ears, but I asked anyways. It was a good thing I did because they had one left, and I got her!


 I had originally wanted to get her in the True Spirit Outfit (which had sold out the first day) and buy the Lilac Dress (which was still available) but the only one left with pierced ears had the Lilac Dress on. I decided to go with the doll with the pierced ears over the outfit, since that would free up another space for me to pick a different Truly Me outfit, as you had a limit of 2 per person.


I think that her hair looks shorter than it does in the catalog and in the picture on her box, but I still like her all the same. 






No comments:

Post a Comment