Thursday, July 21, 2016

BSH: Samantha's Holiday Set

Benefit Sale Haul
Samantha's Holiday Set

Samantha's Holiday Set was a set limited edition set last year, and I passed it up then, but I am so glad I got another chance to purchase this set! It was sold in stores for $64, but I bought it on the second day of the benefit sale for $21.

 The outfit in the set includes a red plaid dress with a white lace collar and cuffs, a black velvet sash, and black ribbon trim, a lace bow that is tied onto a hair tie, black tights, and black velvet boots with a bow on the toe.


There was also a note from American Girl inside the box. I had never seen this in any other sets before, so I found that interesting.

"We work hard to make sure our high-quality accessories and reproductions are accurate and true to life. Some are made with fragile materials like glass, porcelain, and stoneware - so please be careful! Every detail is designed to make our products as authentic as possible, and to make sure that they can be cherished by girls 8 and up for many years to come."
I put the outfit on my Historical Samantha doll, and she looks adorable. With the long, puffed sleeves and high neckline, I think that this outfit is the most historically accurate BeForever outfit that Samantha has had in her collection since she was brought out of the archives.


The black velvet sash is permanently tied into a bow on the back, which I personally think is great, since that spares me the trouble of tying a symmetrical bow every time. The hair bow is also permanently knotted, and I have to say that it may be my favorite part of this set. It is simple enough that it would match many other outfits, and it is very cute.

I think the velvet boots do not look as realistic as other boots American Girl has made. I may swap them for different boots, like Rebecca's boots that came with her old meet outfit or the black boots in Addy's BeForever meet outfit.


This set also comes with a small tea set. It includes a cluster of three treats, a teacup, a pitcher and lid, a plate, a serving tray, and a napkin.


I wish this set came with two teacups and plates instead of just one, so more of my dolls can use this set at once. I also wish the teacup had more of a design on the outside instead of just on the inside, but I love the plate. It has roses with pink and gold accents surrounding the plate.


I think this set was worth the price I paid for it at the Benefit Sale. I love the holiday outfit for Samantha and it is nice that it comes with festive dishes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment